At Frazer, LLP, we pride ourselves on our pursuit of excellence in all that we do. The scope of the Tax Manager duties include assisting with agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, manufacturing, and distribution clients, in addition to many other areas. We build trusting relationships with our clients in order to execute the most effective strategies to help them achieve their goals. We’re looking for hardworking, inspiring people to join our team who truly want to grow professionally, and who want to see their clients succeed. This position provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop judgment and breadth of experience that is needed to become a Senior Manager. We’re grateful for your interest in becoming a part of our professional family.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager with broad based experience for our Brea, CA office who possesses the essential functions, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this position. The Tax Manager is responsible for directing multiple engagements at a time, and reports directly to the partner or director responsible for the engagement. The candidate will possess top communication skills, and will provide direction and technical guidance to tax staff. The Tax Manager will have the confidence to lead a team and interface with clients, and the ability to resolve tax related matters and build key relationships. If you want to be part of a dynamic team, in a culture where you are appreciated, and in a position where you can rapidly grow your career, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Manage preparation of federal, multi-state, international corporate (consolidated and separate), partnership individual returns, not-for-profit, estate and trust, and others as required.
- Supervise and timely complete multiple engagements simultaneously including staffing selection and review.
- Complete complex tax planning research assignments with multiple alternatives and presentations to clients.
- Focus efforts on consulting with clients on moderate to complex issues; follow-up with innovative solutions to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Manage all aspects of client projects, including but not limited to, delegating tasks and assisting with resolution of project issues. Communicate progress of work to partner(s)/Director.
- Keep up with emerging tax rules and regulations.
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships.
- Meet with prospective clients and attract them by demonstrating superior tax skills.
- Act as a mentor to accounting staff, while providing constructive feedback and identifying needs for professional development.