At Frazer, LLP, we pride ourselves on our pursuit of excellence in all that we do. The scope of the Tax Senior duties include assisting with agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, manufacturing, and distribution clients, in addition to many other areas. We build trusting relationships with our clients in order to execute the most effective strategies to help them achieve their goals. We’re looking for hardworking, inspiring people to join our team who truly want to grow professionally, and who want to see their clients succeed. We’re grateful for your interest in becoming a part of our professional family.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Tax Accountant for our Brea, CA office who has at least 4 years of experience working as a tax accountant in a public accounting firm. As a senior, you will work closely with partners, directors, managers, staff, and clients. The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for preparing and directing multiple tax engagement at a time. This position is responsible for the orderly completion of these engagements and keeping the manager and partner informed of progress and unusual developments. Senior Tax Accountants assist clients by providing a full spectrum of individual, partnership, Corp and other tax services including planning, research and compliance. International tax experience is a plus. The Senior Tax Accountant should possess leadership qualities. Technical skills are necessary to assist in all tasks associates with tax engagements, including the mentorship and training of Tax Staff.
- Prepare complex tax returns.
- Handle complex compliance tax research assignments and preparation of tax memorandums.
- Review and deliver tax projections to clients.
- Help clients with inquiries regarding accounting and tax issues.
- Meet with the IRS and FTB agents to interface on examinations.
- Review and mentor work of Interns, Tax Staff Accountants, and Semi-Senior Staff Accountants.
- Answer tax questions of staff from all departments.
- Staff Training on technical subjects and software to include preparing, teaching and facilitating classes for the department.
- Participate in recruiting events.